Our Top Bar Hive nucleus box is built from 7/8" thick FSC certified Sugar Pine. It features a metal roof, 7 top bars, one follower board, 1 entrance reducing bung and 1 solid bung.
Useful for swarm catching, splitting hives and overwintering nucleus colonies. All components pre-drilled for easy assembly. Ships free to the contiguous 48 states -- international shipping available. We keep one in our trunk all spring long just in case we spot a swarm! So handy!
Click here if you're looking for a nucleus box for your Langstroth hive!
- 11.5" long sugar pine top bar hive nucleus box
- 15.5" long telescoping cover
- 7 17 1/2"x1 3/8" one piece top bars with comb guides
- 1 divider board
- 2 bungs (1 entrance reducing bung)
- Drill or screwdriver with Phillips head bit
- Approximate assembly time: 20 minutes