Q: Does BeeBuilt ship to my location?
A: Yes! We ship worldwide. Read more about shipping.
Q: Can I call you on the phone to talk about products, orders, or beekeeping?
A: No, we don’t have a customer support phone line. The best way to contact us is on our contact us page. We usually respond the same day.
Q: Who owns BeeBuilt?
A: James and Dana Dirksen in Portland Oregon are the owners since 2019. You can contact them here.
Q: What are the company values?
A: We prioritize high-quality beekeeping equipment and clothing. We are also working hard to have a positive social impact, and you can read all about that here.
Q: Where can I learn more about beekeeping?
A: We have a ton of options for you:
- If you’re just starting out in beekeeping, a lot of people have found a lot of value in our beginner info page and our quick start guide.
- We have courses for all levels from our friend and expert beekeeper, Tara Chapman, at Two Hives Honey.
- Every couple months we send out seasonally- relevant articles in our Backyard Beekeeping Blog. Those seasonal posts cover things like how to harvest honey, keeping good inspection logs, dealing with swarms, DIY projects, protecting hives from water, overwintering, interviews with expert beekeepers, and more.
- If you want to get first access to these articles, as well as new discounts, you can sign up here:
Q: What does "sustainability" actually mean?
A: Sustainability is very important to us, so we have a whole page dedicated to it here, but here's the shorter version:
- First, we are always trying to source our wood sustainably. We get offers from manufacturers to move our hive production to China and India all the time, but we say no because they can’t commit to us that they will harvest timber in a way we can be proud of.
- Second, we build tough, functional gear that you can use for a long time. We are opposed to throw-away fashion, and whenever we can, we source our gear from suppliers who meet our strict requirements.
Q: I'm interested in wholesale/reselling. What do I need to know?
A: You can fill out our wholesale and resell form here. As of July 21, 2023, we have paused taking on new resellers and wholesalers, but we encourage you to fill out our application, and we will consider you when we restart this program later in 2023.
Q: AHH! There's a swarm of bees on my car!
A: Take a deep breath, bees are at their most docile when swarming, and a local beekeeper will be happy to take that swarm off your hands.