Milled in Portland, Oregon and offered in FSC® certified, sustainable, kiln-dried, Sugar Pine (the most popular choice), or Western Red Cedar , this kit includes everything a new beekeeper needs to get started with a Warre hive. The Warre hive starter kit is made up of our most popular Warre hive configuration, as well as the items most frequently purchased along with it by new beekeepers. Buying this kit saves you at least $40 off the items purchased separately.
If not in need of the whole kit: Warre hive kits, beekeeping tool kits, Natural Beekeeping with the Warre Hive, and tung oil can all be purchased separately.
Warre boxes measure 13 3/4" wide by 13 3/4" long by 8 1/4" deep. Boxes are made from 7/8-inch thick FSC certified, sustainable Western Red Cedar or 1-inch thick Sugar Pine.
- Click here for assembly instructions!
Includes (All components pre-drilled)
- Comb Cut Roof with precision milled shingles
- Quilt box with canvas quilt
- 1 bag of shredded cedar to fill the quilt box
- Extra canvas to go between quilt box and top bars
- 2 Warre boxes with windows
- 16 one piece top bars with wedge comb guides
- Standard screened bottom with closable insert and milled feet to further elevate the hive
- Stainless stell screws
- Assembly diagram and instructions
- Starter kit with gloves, stainless steel American smoker, veil, brush, and Ultimate Top Bar Hive Tool
- Natural Beekeeping with the Warre Hive book
- Tung Oil, 8oz
- Upgrade combination hat and veil to full jacket with veil or full ventilated jacket with veil
Tools required (Unassembled version only)
- Drill or screwdriver Stapler (for attaching burlap to quilt box)
- Approximate assembly time: 45 minutes
Learn more about our Shipping and Return Policy
Small: 36"-38" chest (Fits most people 5'0"-5'7", 110-145lb)
Medium: 40"-42" chest (Fits most people 5'5"-5-9", 135-165lb)
Large: 44"-46" chest (Fits most people 5'8"-6'1", 155-200lb)
Extra Large: 48"-50" chest (Fits most people 6'0"-6'5", 200-250lb)
Jackets should not fit snugly. You will want some room inside the jacket should a honey bee end up inside with you!
Gloves size is determined by measuring across the knuckles, not including the thumb (I.E. the widest point of the palm). You want your gloves to fit snugly as the leather will stretch slightly over time.
2 1/2" - 2 3/4" Extra Small
3" - 3 1/8" Small
3 1/4" - 3 5/8" Medium
3 3/4" - 4" Large
4 1/4" - 4 1/2" Extra Large